Monday, February 20, 2012

Record navigation

I have created a one-page client summary report. My problem is that I can only get the report to show one client and there are many. How do I add record navigation functionality to my report?

LAT,

Group your report by the client and then set group to break on each page, you will then have a summary report for each client and this will allow you to navigate to each client page.

Ham

|||

Ham,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunatly, I'm still having problems. The report is a free-form and I am unable to get the grouping to work. Any other suggestions?

|||

Lat4551,

Can you clarify what you mean by "report is a free-form" ? Also what are you using at a datasource?

Ham

|||

Ham,

I am using data from Microsoft CRM which is housed on a SQL server. Prior to migrating to CRM, we used Access to house/track our sales activities. I had a number of reports that I created in Access and am now trying to re-create in SSRS. Access allows the user to format reports with any layout desired, not limiting to tables, charts and matrices. Using SSRS, I have "dragged and dropped" just as I would for the Access report and it looks the same, just can't get it to show more than one report.

No comments:

Post a Comment