Saturday, February 25, 2012

Records Duplicate when edited...?

Hi,

I have written a web application using dreamweaver MX, asp.net, and MSsql server 2005.

The problem I am having occurs when I attempt to edit a record. I have setup a datagrid with freeform fields so that the user can click on edit, make the required changes within the data grid then click update. The data is then saved to the database. All this was created using dreameaver and most of the code was automatically generated for me.

The problem is that, not everytime, but sometimes when I go to edit a record once I hit the update button to save the changes the record is duplicated 1 or more times. This doesnt happen everytime but when it does it duplicates the record between 1 and about 5 times. I have double checked everything but cannot find anything obvious that may be causing this issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look for? Is this a coding error or something wrong with MSsql? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
-Mitch

If you provide the code, then it will be easier to give suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment