Monday, February 20, 2012

Recordcount logging

Hi,

I may be blind but is there no other way to capture the recordcount flowing through a pipeline as by using the RecordCount transform? I looked into EventManagers and the standard SSIS Logging but didn't find anything about that...! At least ProgressCountHigh/Low don't return something reasonable for me...

Thanks,

Thomas,

Not really, no. Mark Hill has build a custom component to do it (http://markiehillmsis.blogspot.com/2005/12/custom-components-in-integration.html) but in my opinion it doesn't give you anything that the ROWCOUNT transform doesn't give you except a custom event and in my opinion the same can be achieved using the OnPostExecute event.

Why is the ROWCOUNT transform not sufficient?

ProgressCount high/low doesn't give you anything useful. In fact I'm still trying to work out why on earth its there - as far as I can see it doesn't have any meaning.

-Jamie

|||

Jamie,

the idea was to have something like a "generic" rowcount... You wouldn't need all the rowcounts if all the transforms throw the onprogress event with a reasonable ProgressCount. You simply add your event and decide if you want to log that or not... That would save you a bunch of time...

But perhaps this is something for the wishlist....

No comments:

Post a Comment