Friday, March 30, 2012

Recovery question

Hello everybody,
I'd like to get some help about Recovery model.
My scenario:
MS SQL Server 2K SP3
Backup with C.A. Brighstor Enterprise Backup
If i choose the simple recovery model this will impact me if i use a 3rd
Paty backup tool?
Thanks
Leandro Loureiro dos Santos
Vitoria/ES
BrazilDepends on what the 3:rd party backup tool does. Use simple recovery model
if you don't do transaction log backups. If you do transaction log backups,
use full recovery model.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=...ublic.sqlserver
"Leandro Loureiro dos Santos" <leandro@.email.com> wrote in message
news:%232M0lqK8DHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello everybody,
> I'd like to get some help about Recovery model.
> My scenario:
> MS SQL Server 2K SP3
> Backup with C.A. Brighstor Enterprise Backup
> If i choose the simple recovery model this will impact me if i use a 3rd
> Paty backup tool?
> Thanks
> Leandro Loureiro dos Santos
> Vitoria/ES
> Brazil
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment