Friday, March 30, 2012

Recovery Model to be used for a Data Flow Task

Hello there

I have a SSIS 2005 DTSX Package which has several Data flow tasks which directly dump data between tables from 2 different databases.

Suppose if my destination database is named, DestinationDB, what recovery model should I select for this database so that my ldf file size does not explode? I want to keep the ldf file as small in size as possible.

  1. Currently I have used Simple Recovery model, and the ldf file size goes to around 80 GB. (Inserting around 200 million rows)

  2. Will Bulk Logged model be a better option?

Also what does a SSIS 2005 Data flow task use internally? (Insert operation or some sort of Bulk Insert between DBs)

Please help.

The fast load option on the OLE DB destination performs a bulk load.|||

Thanks for the response.

Does the fast load option keep the ldf file size to a minimum?

|||This probably isn't the correct forum for you, but I believe you'll want "bulk-logged recovery" so as not to grow the LDF file. Or split your data into smaller chunks using the MaximumInsertCommitSize setting on the OLE DB Destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment