Friday, March 30, 2012

Recovery question

Hello everybody,
I'd like to get some help about Recovery model.
My scenario:
MS SQL Server 2K SP3
Backup with C.A. Brighstor Enterprise Backup
If i choose the simple recovery model this will impact me if i use a 3rd
Paty backup tool?
Thanks
Leandro Loureiro dos Santos
Vitoria/ES
BrazilDepends on what the 3:rd party backup tool does. Use simple recovery model
if you don't do transaction log backups. If you do transaction log backups,
use full recovery model.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"Leandro Loureiro dos Santos" <leandro@.email.com> wrote in message
news:%232M0lqK8DHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello everybody,
> I'd like to get some help about Recovery model.
> My scenario:
> MS SQL Server 2K SP3
> Backup with C.A. Brighstor Enterprise Backup
> If i choose the simple recovery model this will impact me if i use a 3rd
> Paty backup tool?
> Thanks
> Leandro Loureiro dos Santos
> Vitoria/ES
> Brazil
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment