Monday, March 26, 2012

Recovery from Metabase corruption

I've spent most of the day trying to recover my team foundation server from a metabase corruption (no I had not backed it up).

To date I've had to reinstall IIS,uninstall reporting services and reinstall that as well as sts and the other nonsense.

Right now the TFS installer gets most of the way through (for the 10th ) time and reports that it can't access report server.

In IIS http://localhost/reports/home.aspx I get a message

'The feature: "Scale-out deployment" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. (rsOperationNotSupported) (rsRPCError)'

So it's possibly correct that Report server is not running. Now whilst I find lots of stuff which tells me how to enable 'Scale-out deployment' I find none which tells me how to disable it (and I don't want to install enterprise edition).

I have reloaded the report server keys which I saved before embarking on this foolishness and that seemed to get me a bit further forward. The only other thing I did was to set the database in the report server configurator (to the local db with ReportServer. It was originally blank).

Please help!

Thanks

Iain

Moved to Reporting. Hopefully someone here can help.

-Matt

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment