Friday, March 30, 2012

Recovery of Database 'xxx' (Complete in 68,395 more seconds)

I'm having a problem with a SQL Server. Every time I stop and restart the
SQL Server service I get a message similar to this one. What do I have to
do to force checkpoints during the load process? ThanksP.S. - The message is coming up in the Application Event Log during the
recovery process after I start the server. I found a quote on the MS
Website stating I "may need to 'Troubleshoot the Recovery Process'", but I
can't find anything more specific than that. Can someone point me in the
right direction? Thanks
"Michael C#" <xyz@.yomomma.com> wrote in message
news:%23G$j92yKFHA.2284@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I'm having a problem with a SQL Server. Every time I stop and restart the
> SQL Server service I get a message similar to this one. What do I have to
> do to force checkpoints during the load process? Thanks
>|||How is the data being loaded?
Simon Worth
Michael C# wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a SQL Server. Every time I stop and restart the
> SQL Server service I get a message similar to this one. What do I have to
> do to force checkpoints during the load process? Thanks
>|||On this particular box they're using Bulk Insert.
"Simon Worth" <REMOVEFIRST_simon.worth@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23e3nP%23yKFHA.1284@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> How is the data being loaded?
> --
> Simon Worth
> Michael C# wrote:|||What is the relation between the load and stopping SQL Server? Also, have yo
u change the recovery
interval setting with sp_configure?
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Michael C#" <xyz@.yomomma.com> wrote in message news:ON8LT$yKFHA.1600@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl..
.
> On this particular box they're using Bulk Insert.
> "Simon Worth" <REMOVEFIRST_simon.worth@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23e3nP%23yKFHA.1284@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>|||Today was the first time we've stopped this SQL Server since we started
loading it. The load was completed. No, I haven't changed the recovery
interval; I'll take a look at it today. What setting would you recommend?
Thanks
"Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi@.hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in
message news:%23IUlVr4KFHA.4032@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> What is the relation between the load and stopping SQL Server? Also, have
> you change the recovery interval setting with sp_configure?
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
>
> "Michael C#" <xyz@.yomomma.com> wrote in message
> news:ON8LT$yKFHA.1600@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment