Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Recovery model

Hello everybody,
I'd like to get some help about Recovery model.
My scenario:
MS SQL Server 2K SP3
Backup with C.A. Brighstor Enterprise Backup
If i choose the simple recovery model this will impact me if i use a 3rd
Paty backup tool?
Thanks
Leandro Loureiro dos Santos
Vitoria/ES
BrazilLeandro Loureiro dos Santos wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I'd like to get some help about Recovery model.
> My scenario:
> MS SQL Server 2K SP3
> Backup with C.A. Brighstor Enterprise Backup
> If i choose the simple recovery model this will impact me if i use a
> 3rd Paty backup tool?
> Thanks
> Leandro Loureiro dos Santos
> Vitoria/ES
> Brazil
I cannot speak specifics however the short answer should be yes.
Changing the recovery model is affectively telling SQL to treat the
transaction log differently.
Best stick to Full.
Most people use a third party backup tool to back up the SQL disk
backup devices. This has many benefits and you are relying less on
third party vendor support with regards to integration with another
product (which can also work out cheaper too ;-)
Br,
Mark Broadbent
mcdba , mcse+i
=============sql

No comments:

Post a Comment