Friday, March 9, 2012

Recover a standby db

Hi,
I have a standby server with standby db sync-ed with prod through log
shipping.
I have all log files crashed(backup server). No log files. I need to recover
the db in standby server without any log files.
How do I do it?
Thanks
Thanks,
The problem that I have is that I don't have the db and log backups.
The only thing left is standby db in standby server.
I need to recover the db in standby server.
Thanks again
"mecn" <mecn2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ObEXrEWFHHA.1188@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have a standby server with standby db sync-ed with prod through log
> shipping.
> I have all log files crashed(backup server). No log files. I need to
> recover the db in standby server without any log files.
> How do I do it?
>
> Thanks
>
|||Got it . Thanks a lot.
"Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi@.hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in
message news:em4LrmWFHHA.3368@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I understand. The RESTORE command I suggested don't need any backup files.
>Read the restore command closely and you will see that no backup files are
>specified. The only thing it does is to take the database out of the
>restoring phase (it will perform the UNDO phase).
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
>
> "mecn" <mecn2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:e2D4ijWFHHA.4652@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment