Friday, March 9, 2012

Recover a standby db

Hi,
I have a standby server with standby db sync-ed with prod through log
shipping.
I have all log files crashed(backup server). No log files. I need to recover
the db in standby server without any log files.
How do I do it?
ThanksOn the standby server:
RESTORE DATABASE dbname WITH RECOVERY
Above will put the database out of the restoring phase. You will of course lose all work done since
last log backup applies on the standby server.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"mecn" <mecn2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ObEXrEWFHHA.1188@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have a standby server with standby db sync-ed with prod through log shipping.
> I have all log files crashed(backup server). No log files. I need to recover the db in standby
> server without any log files.
> How do I do it?
>
> Thanks
>|||Thanks,
The problem that I have is that I don't have the db and log backups.
The only thing left is standby db in standby server.
I need to recover the db in standby server.
Thanks again
"mecn" <mecn2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ObEXrEWFHHA.1188@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have a standby server with standby db sync-ed with prod through log
> shipping.
> I have all log files crashed(backup server). No log files. I need to
> recover the db in standby server without any log files.
> How do I do it?
>
> Thanks
>|||I understand. The RESTORE command I suggested don't need any backup files. Read the restore command
closely and you will see that no backup files are specified. The only thing it does is to take the
database out of the restoring phase (it will perform the UNDO phase).
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"mecn" <mecn2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e2D4ijWFHHA.4652@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Thanks,
> The problem that I have is that I don't have the db and log backups.
> The only thing left is standby db in standby server.
> I need to recover the db in standby server.
> Thanks again
> "mecn" <mecn2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ObEXrEWFHHA.1188@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> I have a standby server with standby db sync-ed with prod through log shipping.
>> I have all log files crashed(backup server). No log files. I need to recover the db in standby
>> server without any log files.
>> How do I do it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>|||Got it . Thanks a lot.
"Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi@.hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in
message news:em4LrmWFHHA.3368@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I understand. The RESTORE command I suggested don't need any backup files.
>Read the restore command closely and you will see that no backup files are
>specified. The only thing it does is to take the database out of the
>restoring phase (it will perform the UNDO phase).
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
>
> "mecn" <mecn2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:e2D4ijWFHHA.4652@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Thanks,
>> The problem that I have is that I don't have the db and log backups.
>> The only thing left is standby db in standby server.
>> I need to recover the db in standby server.
>> Thanks again
>> "mecn" <mecn2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:ObEXrEWFHHA.1188@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> I have a standby server with standby db sync-ed with prod through log
>> shipping.
>> I have all log files crashed(backup server). No log files. I need to
>> recover the db in standby server without any log files.
>> How do I do it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment