Friday, March 9, 2012

Recover a Database without credentials

Is there a way to recover a Database if I don't have the original login credentials?

The Domian server broke and after fixing it* I cannot connect to SQL anymore

I always get error 1069, Login failure.

I would like to recover the database and reset the login credentials

Thx,
Uriel

* Fixiing it = Re-install Win2K server and build Admin and User account with same names and passwords, but likely there are other accounts or provileges that I am missing.If you have lost SA and other SYSADMIN privileged account then no way to recover the database, just take full backup and after reinstalling SQL server restore it back.|||Thx

I was assuming the worse.

Taking charge of someone else system is always a good challenge.

But anyway I appreciate the response|||What if you were to build a new system that you have access to, and re-attach the DB files on the new server? Or, you could get a similar result by rebuilding the master DB, applying patches, and reattaching there. These are not things I would like to do to production servers, naturally, but I think they can be done. let me know if you find this works.
~Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment